Τρίτη 2 Ιανουαρίου 2024

ακροάσεις: Brian Eno "On Some Faraway Beach" "Dead Finks Don't Talk" "Driving Me Backwards" from his debut solo album "Here Come the Warm Jets" (1973) ΜΟΥΣΙΚΗ

 




Brian Eno

On Some Faraway Beach

Dead Finks don’t Talk

Driving me Backwards

from his debut solo album:  

“ Here Come the Warm Jets ” (1973)

Ακροάσεις

ΜΟΥΣΙΚΗ 

 

 


 

 

 

On Some Faraway Beach ” (στίχοι)

 

Given the chance
I'll die like a baby
On some far away beach
When the season's over.

 

Unlikely
I'll be remembered
As the tide brushes sand in my eyes
I'll drift away.

 

Cast up on a plateau
With only one memory
A single syllable
Oh lie low lie low.

 

 

 

σύνδεσμος ακρόασης:

On Some Faraway Beach (Here Come The Warm Jets, 1974)

 

 

 

 

 

“ Dead Finks don’t Talk ” (στίχοι):

 

Oh cheeky cheeky
Oh naughty sneaky
You're so perceptive and I wonder how you knew.
But these finks don't walk too well
A bad sense of direction
And so they stumble round in threes
Such a strange collection.

 

Oh you headless chicken
Can those poor teeth take so much kicking?
You're always so charming
As you peck your way up there.

 

And these finks don't dress too well
No discrimination
To be a zombie all the time
Requires such dedication.

 

Oh please, sir will you let it go by
'Cause I failed both tests with my legs both tied
In my place the stuff is all there
I've been ever so sad for a very long time
My my they wanted the works can you this and that
I never got a letter back
More fool me bless my soul
More fool me bless my soul.

 

Oh perfect masters
They thrive on disasters
They all look so harmless
Till they find there way up there.

 

But dead finks don't talk too well
They've got a shaky sense of diction
It's not so much a living hell
It's just a dying fiction.

 

 

σύνδεσμος ακρόασης:

Brian Eno - Dead Finks Don't Talk [HQ] - YouTube

 

 

 

 

 

Driving me Backwards ” (στίχοι):

 

Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh
Doo doo doo doo doo doo dah
I'll be there.

 

Oh driving me backwards
Kids like me
Gotta be crazy
Moving me forwards

 

You must think that I'm lazy
Meet my relations
All of them
Grinning like facepacks
Such sweet inspirations

 

Curl me up
A flag in an icecap
Now I've found a sweetheart
Treats me good just like an armchair
I try to think about nothing

 

Difficult
I'm most temperamental
I gave up my good living

 

Typical
I'm almost sentimental
Ah luana's black reptiles

 

Sliding around
Make chemical choices
And she responds as expected
To the only sound
Hysterical voices
And you, you're driving me backwards
Kids like me have gotta be crazy I, I, I, I, I, I, I
Doo doo doo dodoo dodah I'll be there

 

 

σύνδεσμος ακρόασης:

Driving Me Backwards (2004 Digital Remaster) - YouTube

 

 

 

 


/ - το εξώφυλλο του άλμπουμ

« Here Come the Warm Jets ” (1973)

debut solo album

 

 

 

 

 

 


Side One:

/ “Baby’s on Fire”

/ “Driving me Backwards”

 

 

 


Side Two:

/ “On Some Faraway Beach”

/ “Dead Finks don’t Talk”

/ “Blank Frank”

/ “Some of them are old”

 

 

 

 

 

Οι μουσικοί που συμμετείχαν στην ηχογράφηση του album:  

Brian Eno: vocals, Keyboards

Phil Manzanera: guitar

Robert Fripp: guitar

Chris Spedding: guitar

Paul Rudolph: guitar, bass

Lloyd Watson: slide guitar

Andy Mackay: saxophone, Keyboards

Nick Judd: Keyboards

Bill MacCormick: bass

Busta Jones: bass

John Wetton: bass

Chris Thomas: bass

Simon King: percussion

Marty Simon: percussion

Paul Thompson: percussion

 

 

 

 

 

ΕΛΕΥΘΕΡΟΓΡΑΦΟΣ

eleftherografos.blogspot.com

[ ανάρτηση 2 Ιανουαρίου 2024 :

Brian Eno

From his debut solo album

“ Here Come the Warm Jets” (1973)

 “ On Some Faraway Beach ”

“ Dead Finks don’t Talk ”

“ Driving me Backwards ”

Ακροάσεις 

ΜΟΥΣΙΚΗ ]

 

 

 

 


Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου

P.V. Petrovas "Ναός Επικουρείου Απόλλωνος" φωτογραφία Περιηγήσεις

  P . V . Petrovas Ναός Επικουρείου Απόλλωνος φωτογραφία Περιηγήσεις                   ΕΛΕΥΘΕΡΟΓΡΑΦΟΣ elefther...